Is your New Year’s resolution to get active? You’re not alone! Resolutions to get healthy, lose weight, and improve personal fitness rank at the top of America’s New Year’s resolutions year after year. Gym memberships skyrocket in January, but by the 2nd week of February, 80% of new gym members have stopped going. So what’s the solution? Fun fitness at Skatetown USA!
Get Active as a Family This Year
- Burn up to 600 calories in just 1 hour of skating
- Get a heart rate of at least 148 beats per minute after skating for 30 minutes
- Roller skating is a complete aerobic workout, boosting muscle strength and cardiovascular health
- Strengthen a variety of muscles, including the glutes, quads, calves, obliques, abs, and even arms
- Improve flexibility and endurance
- Skating causes 400% fewer injuries than playing basketball
- Causes 50% less joint stress than running
- It’s twice as safe as playing on the playground
- Three times safer than playing football or tennis
- Four times as safe as playing basketball
- Five times safer than riding a bike
Shouldn’t your 2017 fitness routine be something you want to do? Help your whole family get healthy with roller-skating fitness in Fort Pierce. For more information on winter skating sessions, special events, kids skating parties, and group skating sessions in Fort Pierce, call Skatetown USA.